Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Hello there...

It has been quite a while since my last post. I have no excuse other than I am a loser. I don't mean to say that I am a bad person, I mean to say that my losing streak continued until I was just beating myself up. Not sure exactly what I was doing wrong. I do remember getting rivered for my entire stack a number of times, but as always I remember taking a beat much better than handing someone a bad beat. So, I won't put the entire blame on the river at River Stars. :)

I was up to about $550 before I made my first withdrawl. Since then I have slowly worked my way down to ~$75. I have been doing a bit better lately and up to $120ish. I have really liked the way I have played as of late. I may have made some laydowns that I don't think I would have made previously. For one reason or the other I have the "you will not bluff me out of a big pot" syndrome. I don't know why, maybe it is the few times I have caught someone bluffing me that makes me believe everyone is bluffing with the allin when the flush card hits on the river. I believe this is a leak that I will have to continue to work on. I am doing better and I look to that as a step in the right direction... Baby steps, right?

Not much else to report. It was my birthday on the 14th. I am 32 years old. Seems like I was turning 21 only a short time ago, guess not.

On Sunday I played the Poker Stars $1 NL tourney. 1329 players and I got 26th for a sweet $5.17 profit. Please do not email me as I have already secured a financial advisor and I am confident we are going to put this new found fortune to good use. My final hand was with T1000/2000 blinds. My stack at around T19000. I am in MP with 66 and it is folded to me. I go all in hoping to pick up the blinds, but find myself called in 2 places. Two of us are allin and they show AKo and ATo. I really didn't want any callers and with 2 I felt I was pretty much screwed. The flop comes and I am still in the lead. The turn is no help to any of us. But, alas there is always the river. The damn river!! It was a King and two of us are sent packing. I was not too upset. It was my best finish at a large multi table tourney in quite a while. Some of that due to the fact that I don't get to play any very many of them due to my work hours.

Anyways, I will try to do a better job of posting.

pdx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home