Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Good news. Bad news.

The bad news first...

My laptop was sitting on the small table minding its own business like it usually does. It wasn’t bothering anyone. It was just sitting there waiting for me to fire up Poker Stars… Then it happened… Some idiot (read Me) knocked the table over and in very slow motion I see the beautiful laptop that only wants to let me sit on the comfortable couch while I play. It wants to save me from sitting in that damn office chair at the desk. It wants me to be able to stretch out or even lay down. That’s all it wants. So there it is falling backwards off the table (AGAIN!) last time I had to replace that proprietary AC adapter Dell uses. But wait the cord is caught on something… It’s turning… It’s going to land on the side… Uh, uh oh, that is where the wireless adapter is… After I picked it up I put it back on the table, plugged it back in and it started up fine?!? Whew, that was a close one. So, I thought, that was pretty lucky maybe I should log in and see if my good fortune will carry over to the tables.

Remember when I said “that is where the wireless adapter is”. Yep, dead, landed right on it and after I popped the laptop open I discovered it had pretty much crushed the card in to the slot and damaged the slot. Now I have to find out if that is repairable, or if I am stuck at the desk. Probably stuck at the desk.

Enough bad news…

On to the good news…

Some how IGGY found my blog and mentioned it on his site. An honor I hope I can live up to. If I can figure out how to put links on the side yours will be the first.

I will be putting up a real poker post telling about my beginnings soon. Would be great to hear from anyone...


pdx

2 Comments:

At May 21, 2004 at 7:53 AM, Blogger Sloejack said...

You'll need to modify your template to put links on the side and add any additional decorations. Bad news about the laptop :( I moved to using a wireless laptop as my primary computer earlier this year and have enjoyed the freedom it gives me. The irony is though that I still seem to spend time at a desk because it's more comfortable to mouse and type that way.

 
At May 21, 2004 at 9:05 PM, Blogger pdx_David said...

My first comment! Thank you for reading. I have added you to the list of poker blogs that I read daily. I have enjoyed yours very much so far. Keep it up.

If you could paste the code here to change my template I would greatly appreciate it.

pdx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home